A number of requirements are needed when driving abroad that you may be unaware of.
What do you need?
- A full valid driving licence – This is the most important document that you need to drive abroad. A copy of it will be needed. However, an international driving permit (IDP) is also required, it is useful for when you are driving to multiple countries. However, each IDP is different depending on the country you are travelling. These are able to get at post office’s.
- Vehicle registration and insurance documents – These are required when driving your own car abroad. Proving that the vehicle belongs to you and is legally registered. Insurance documents are also needed, to show that the insurance on your vehicle has full coverage to drive abroad.
- Navigation System – Having an accurate navigation system is essential when driving abroad. Make sure your navigation is up to date including the locations of the countries you are visiting.
- First Aid Kit – This is useful in case of any emergencies. It needs to include all the necessary items such as antiseptic, bandages and pain relievers.
- Reflective Vest – Certain countries require drivers to wear a reflective jacket in case of breakdowns or accidents. Firstly, check the local laws of the countries you will be visiting to see if this is required.
- Warning Triangle – Certain countries require drivers to have warning triangles stored in their car in case of breakdowns or accidents.
- Spare tires and tools – It is always beneficial to have a spare tyre and the necessary tools to change it, in case of a flat tyre or other mechanical issues.
- Cash and credit cars – You will need to have these on hand for any fuel stations, tolls and other expenses. Check with your bank to make sure your credit card can be used abroad, informing them about your travel plans to avoid any potential issues.
Are all of these documents required when hiring a car abroad?
Hiring a car when you travel abroad is another great way to explore a country. However, you will need to make sure you have a full drivers license along with:
- Declaring any endorsements on your licence.
- Ensuring the cost of the hire will include insurance.
- Consider if any excess insurance is needed to be taken out to pay off any excess in case of an accident.
Why Having an EV BY 2030 Is Important – https://autoserveclub.co.uk/blog/why-having-an-ev-by-2030-is-important/
Six Ways You Can Reduce Your Emissions As A Driver – https://autoserveclub.co.uk/blog/six-ways-you-can-reduce-your-emissions-as-a-driver/