As concerns about climate change continue to grow, considerations are being made about how drivers can make a positive impact, reducing their carbon footprint and minimizing impact on the environment.
- Maintain Your Vehicle – Keeping your vehicle well maintained will help to keep it in the best possible condition. Oil changes, tyre rotations and tune-ups can help your car run more efficiently and produce fewer emissions. Furthermore, checking your tyre pressure regularly will also improve fuel efficiency, reducing emissions.
- Drive Slower and Smarter – By avoiding hard accelerations and slamming on the brakes you will improve fuel mileage, emitting less greenhouse gases. By idling 30 seconds or less while sitting in your car and removing heavy items and cargo racks from your vehicle when not in use will also improve your carbon footprint. Maintaining a steady speed on the highway will also help vehicles use less fuel.
- Choose a Fuel-Efficient Vehicle – If you’re in the market for a new vehicle, consider choosing a vehicle with good fuel efficiency. Hybrid and EV are available as a great option if you want to reduce your carbon footprint. However, even if your not ready to buy a new car, you can choose to rent a fuel-efficient car if you have long trips planned.
- Switch off The Engine – A lot of vehicles nowadays have a start-stop engine. The vehicle will need to be stationary, in neutral and your foot off the clutch in order for it to work. However, if you have this function it is best to use it due to it saving you money on fuel.
- Plan Your Journey – Driving at peak times will not only increase your journey time but also exhaust emissions. It is best to avoid driving at these times. However, if this is a challenge then looking for other routes is possible, even if these are longer in mileage, it will help reduce idle time, reducing travel time.
From driving less to maintaining your vehicle to choosing a fuel-efficient vehicle, these small changes can add up to making a big difference in reducing your carbon footprint and protecting the environment.
Driving Abroad This Year? Here Is What You Need To Consider – https://autoserveclub.co.uk/blog/driving-abroad-this-year-here-is-what-you-need-to-consider/
Why Having An EV BY 2030 Is Important – https://autoserveclub.co.uk/blog/why-having-an-ev-by-2030-is-important/